Transfer Students

Have you already studied at another college or university? Welcome to SPU! We’ll work with you to apply previously earned credit to your program of study here, from Engineering to Computer Science or Information Systems.

Talk with us. We want to help you reach your goals. Contact us to plan your personal program.

Associate’s degree? Good idea. If you’re already a student in a Washington state community college, we encourage you to complete an approved associate’s degree before entering SPU. A Direct Transfer AA, AS, or AAS works for all programs, but an AS-T is preferred for engineering majors.

See our Transfer Student Guides for more specifics about transfer options:

Online/evening Flex program. If you’re working full time, you can still participate in electrical engineering classes remotely. Try an online demonstration or learn more.  [Note that 2016-17 is the final year new students will be accepted into the Flex BSEE program. Those already enrolled in the Flex BSEE program prior to summer 2017 will be able to complete their degree under the flexible format.]

Apply to SPU »


All of SPU’s BS Engineering degrees are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. This includes the Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and General Engineering degrees. You wouldn’t want to consider a program that wasn’t.