Having a mentor can improve your future success and grow your professional knowledge. Every mentor experience helps, even if you change your career direction down the road. As a participant, you can:
- Gain from your mentor’s knowledge, skills, values, experience, and expertise.
- Grow your awareness of both potential obstacles and opportunities.
- Receive feedback in key areas such as communications, interpersonal relationships, technical abilities, and leadership skills.
- Increase clarity of what is needed to grow both personally and professionally.
- Learn specific skills that help you reach your goals.
- Gain knowledge about an organization’s culture.
As a participant in the mentor program and representative of Seattle Pacific University, you’ll be expected to:
Exit surveys and student feedback suggest that those students who create agendas and meet intentionally with their mentors get more from the program.
The amount of effort you put into this process will directly influence what you gain from it.