In today’s marketplace, having a mentor has never been more valuable – or more critical to success. Every experience helps. As a participant, you can:
- Gain from your mentor’s knowledge, skills, values, and expertise.
- Grow through greater awareness of challenges and opportunities.
- Receive critical feedback in key areas, such as communications, interpersonal relationships, technical abilities, and leadership skills.
- Develop a sharper focus on what is needed to grow personally and professionally.
- Learn specific skills and knowledge to help you reach professional and personal goals.
- Gain knowledge about an organization’s culture that can be critical for success.
To participate in the program, you’ll need to complete the Mentor Program online application. First, log in to the Banner Information System. On the Student Menu, select “Mentor Program.” Then on the SBE Mentor Program page, select “Add new application.”
You’ll also be asked to submit a current résumé, and then you’ll complete an interview/orientation with the Center for Applied Learning director.
As a participant in the mentor program and representative of Seattle Pacific University, you’ll be expected to: