Program Outline: Master of Education (MEd) in Digital Education Leadership
You may complete the 45-credit program in seven or eight quarters. It is designed using a cohort model, with a new cohort beginning each Autumn Quarter. Course requirements include seven 5-credit courses, taken sequentially, and six 1-credit elective courses. To finish in 20 months, you may apply to take the 3-credit practicum early.
- EDTC 6100 Leadership in Digital Education Orientation (1)
- EDTC 6101 Values, Ethics, and Foundations in Digital Education (5)
- EDTC 6102 Teaching, Learning, and Assessment I (5)
- EDTC 6103 Teaching, Learning, and Assessment II (5)
- EDTC 6104 Digital Learning Environments (5)
- EDTC 6105 Educational Technology Leadership (5)
- EDTC 6106 Professional Development and Program Evaluation (5)
- EDTC 6107 Capstone: Content Knowledge and Professional Growth (5)
- EDTC 6108 Leadership in Digital Education Practicum (3)
The cohort model program includes a total of six required elective credits, offered through the Center for Professional Education and tailored to your interests. Possible options include the following:
- Virtual labs
- Wearable technology
- Blended learning
- Flipped classroom
- BYOD ("bring your own device")
- Computational thinking
- Computer-supported collaborative learning
- Cloud computing
- Mobile learning
- Tablet computing
- Open content
- Learning analytics
- Gamification of education
- 3D printing
Students may also choose to complete Washington state Professional Certification through the Center for Professional Development to fulfill part of their elective requirements.
Find information about this Program Overview, Program Outline, and Admission Information.
Your source for information on all SPU graduate programs, as well as admissions and events.