The Mock Interview program allows undergraduate students and alumni to practice interview skills and receive constructive feedback in a safe, supportive environment. These may be in preparation to interview for internships, jobs, and admissions to professional programs or graduate schools. Mock interviews are a dress rehearsal for an actual interview. The first 20–30 minutes will be a simulated interview experience, and the remaining 20–30 minutes will be dedicated to feedback and coaching.
Mock interviews can be conducted in person, or virtually, to suit your needs.
Preparing for the Appointment
- Call, email, or chat with the front desk at the CCC to gain an overview of the interview process.
- Prepare your résumé on your own or through a walk-in appointment at the CCC.
- Make an appointment for a mock interview using Handshake or call/visit the CCC.
- Obtain a copy of the job description you will be interviewing for.
- Research the company/program/organization you will be interviewing for.
- Rehearse your answers to common interview questions.
- Prepare questions to ask the interviewer (as you would in real interview).
After the Appointment
- Rehearse with friends, family, or classmates using what you’ve learned.
- Prepare for your real interview, including a portfolio.
- Visit the CCC again if you have more questions.