The Center for Career and Calling is now also here virtually, and we’d love to support you! Below are some ways we can help.
And here are some frequently asked questions we’re hearing from students — as well as information about who’s hiring right now.
1. Connect with our team
- We are also open virtually! Call us at 206-281-2485 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d love to help.
- Virtual 1:1 appointments – Sign up for appointments on Handshake as usual. A career counselor will follow up with video (Microsoft Teams) and phone options, and you can choose what works best for you.
2. Connect with employers and apply for jobs
- FAQ about jobs and internships during COVID, including who’s hiring and the best way to job search right now.
- Handshake – Search thousands of internship and job postings locally, domestically, and abroad — with more added all the time.
- Virtual employer events – While the CCC isn’t hosting in-person employer events at this time, our team is posting virtual events on Handshake with IBM, Bank of America, AT&T, and more. Check here regularly.
- Staffing agencies – Need work quickly? Sign up with a staffing agency to get connected with more opportunities!
3. Explore pathways and prep for the job search
- Pathway U – Take an online career assessment to explore majors and career paths that will bring joy, purpose, and meaning to your life.
- Called: Online Field Guide on your Canvas dashboard – Explore four modules full of different career tools, milestones, discernment practices, and activities/assignments that will help you figure out where you are going and how to get there. Submit optional assignments and get online feedback from a graduate career advisor.
4. Grow your network
- Falcon Connect – Is SPU's new way for SPU students to easily connect with SPU alumni who want to help students in their career journey. Here, find SPU alumni to connect with who work in companies or industries of interest to you. They can help you learn about new friends, and very often this helps you find jobs, too, that aren't posted online!
We’re here for you
We would love to support you as much as possible right now!
Stay safe and healthy,
The CCC Staff