An official transcript is a complete record of the courses and grades earned by a student at the University.
Official transcripts can be issued either in printed form on security paper with the seal of the University or in electronic form provided by the National Student Clearinghouse using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. (Just need an unofficial transcript?)
You can order an official copy of your transcript in two ways:
You can order online by logging into the Banner Information System by going to transcript ordering. Please be aware you will need to pay by credit card at the time of your request. Official electronic transcripts are only available through Banner.
Trouble logging in?
Order by written request
First, use this Transcript Request Form (PDF). Alternatively, you can send a letter or an email to email@example.com that contains the following information:
- Name under which the student attended
- Student ID number (or Social Security number)
- The last quarter and year the student attended
- If the student is enrolled in a current quarter of instruction, state the number of classes for the quarter
- Number of official copies required
- Name and address that will receive the official transcript (student may also pick up transcripts in Student Academic Services)
Second, submit the Transcript Request Form or letter in one of the following ways:
- In person at the SAS front office in Demaray 151 (a maximum of four copies can be printed via this option)
- Fax transcript request to 206-281-2669. All faxed requests will be sent within two business days.
- Postal mail to Student Academic Services: 3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 113, Seattle, WA 98119-1922. All mailed requests will be sent within five business days.
Note: A student signature is required by federal law before a transcript can be released.
If you are faxing or scanning and emailing your transcript request to us you will need to call us during our business hours to provide a credit card number to pay for any official transcripts.
- Business hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.; and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- We cannot accept credit card payments sent by fax or email.
- The University reserves the right to deny official transcript services for indebtedness to the institution.
- SPU accepts cash, VISA, Mastercard, or personal check. If paying by credit card you must either mail your request or call us with your credit card information.
Unofficial transcripts are free and do not contain the seal of the University, thus they may not be acceptable to most institutions.
- View and print your unofficial transcript by logging into Banner, or you can request an unofficial transcript in writing in the same ways listed above for official transcripts.
- Only one unofficial transcript will be sent per request, and a student can make as many copies as they need.
- Unofficial transcripts can be sent in one of three ways: mail, fax, or email.
- Be sure that the address, fax number, or email address is written legibly — and your request contains your signature.
Coursework taken prior to Autumn Quarter 1984
Information prior to 1984 must be hand-entered in our system. Due to the extra time this may require (up to five business days), we can’t guarantee transcripts will be available for immediate pickup with academic history prior to 1984.
Additionally, any student with pre-1984 coursework that has not yet been entered into our system will not have access to a Banner account or online transcript requests until it has been entered. Therefore, pre-Autumn Quarter 1984 students must submit their transcript request in writing.