Order Transcript 


An official transcript is a complete record of the courses and grades earned by a student at the University.

  • Below college level work (0001-0999 courses)
  • Undergraduate work (1000–4999 courses)
  • Professional advancement courses (5000–5999)
  • Graduate work (6000–7999)
  • Continuing education units (CEU, or non-degree work)

Undergraduate, below college, graduate, doctoral work, and CEUs are segregated on separate pages of the SPU transcript.

Official transcripts can be issued either in printed form on security paper with the seal of the University or in electronic form provided by the National Student Clearinghouse using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.

(Just need an unofficial transcript? Or do you need to send a transcript to SPU?)

You can order an official copy of your transcript in two ways:

1. Order online

You can order online by logging into the Banner Information System by going to transcript ordering. Please be aware you will need to pay by credit card at the time of your request. Official electronic transcripts are only available through Banner.

Trouble logging in?

2. Order by written request

First, use this Transcript Request Form (PDF). Alternatively, you can send a letter or an email to that contains the following information:

  • Name under which the student attended
  • Student ID number (or Social Security number)
  • The last quarter and year the student attended
  • If the student is enrolled in a current quarter of instruction, state the number of classes for the quarter
  • Number of official copies required
  • Name and address that will receive the official transcript (student may also pick up transcripts in Student Academic Services)
  • Your signature*

Second, submit the Transcript Request Form or letter in one of the following ways:

  • In person at the SAS front office in Demaray 151 (a maximum of four copies can be printed via this option)
  • Fax transcript request to 206-281-2669. All faxed requests will be sent within two business days.
  • Postal mail to Student Academic Services: 3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 113, Seattle, WA 98119-1922. All mailed requests will be sent within five business days.

*Note: A student signature is required by federal law before a transcript can be released.

Payment information

If you are faxing or scanning and emailing your transcript request to us you will need to call us during our business hours to provide a credit card number to pay for any official transcripts.

  • Business hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.; and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
  • We cannot accept credit card payments sent by fax or email.
  • The University reserves the right to deny official transcript services for indebtedness to the institution.
  • SPU accepts cash, VISA, Mastercard, or personal check. If paying by credit card you must either mail your request or call us with your credit card information.

Unofficial transcripts

Unofficial transcripts are free and do not contain the seal of the University, thus they may not be acceptable to most institutions.

  • View and print your unofficial transcript by logging into Banner, or you can request an unofficial transcript in writing in the same ways listed above for official transcripts.
  • Only one unofficial transcript will be sent per request, and a student can make as many copies as they need.
  • Unofficial transcripts can be sent in one of three ways: mail, fax, or email.

Sending Transcripts to SPU

Current students who have completed a pre-approved course through another institution are required to submit an official transcript to Student Academic Services. Your Academic Counselor will review the transcript, transferring the course as determined by the Application for Studying Away that must be filed before registering for the course. Official transcripts can be mailed to:

Student Academic Services
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 113
Seattle, Washington 98119-1922

Newly admitted or prospective students should submit official transcripts of all previously completed coursework to the Admissions Office. Official transcripts can be mailed to:

Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 115
Seattle, Washington 98119-1922

Coursework taken prior to Autumn Quarter 1984

Information prior to 1984 must be hand-entered in our system. Due to the extra time this may require (up to five business days), we can’t guarantee transcripts will be available for immediate pickup with academic history prior to 1984.

Additionally, any student with pre-1984 coursework that has not yet been entered into our system will not have access to a Banner account or online transcript requests until it has been entered. Therefore, pre-Autumn Quarter 1984 students must submit their transcript request in writing.


Falcons forever

As an SPU alum, you’re in good company. Visit Alumni Relations to find out how you can connect with other Falcons.

Alexander hall

Need a form? Find it here.

From an “Application for Graduation” to a “Transcript Request,” and much more, academic forms are here.