Apply your technical or professional degree today toward a BA or BS degree at Seattle Pacific University through the Professional Studies program.
About the Professional Studies Program
You can earn your bachelor’s degree with a major in Professional Studies at SPU by completing general education courses in liberal arts and foundation classes, as well as an academic minor. If you hold a technical or professional degree from a regionally accredited junior, community, or technical college, this program is for you.
- SPU will accept up to 90 credits from two-year schools, approved testing programs, and institutions that are not regionally accredited.
- Most students enter SPU and this program with 90 credits and junior standing.
- General education courses are drawn from writing, humanities, fine arts, social sciences, the natural and physical sciences, and mathematics.
- Also required are 10–15 credits in Foundations courses (including Christian Scripture and Christian Theology).
- You must complete a minor to complement your technical or professional degree. More than 30 academic minors are available from which to choose, including an Electrical Engineering minor that can be completed through an online/flex plan.
In the Professional Studies program, the amount of time it will take you to complete your bachelor’s degree at SPU is determined by how many general education courses you completed through your associate degree and how many credits you take each quarter.
- A minimum of 180 college-level credits
- 60 upper-division credits
- A minor (generally 30 credits)
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and mathematics
General Education Requirements
You must complete 63–68 credits in approved courses, some of which you may have already completed at the two-year school, in each of the general education and Foundations catagories listed below:
- Composition (3)
- Foundations (10–15)*
- Social Sciences (15)
- Biological Sciences (5)
- Physical Sciences (5)
- Mathematics (5)
- Fine Arts (10)
- Humanities (10)
You may complete any minor offered by SPU to earn your Professional Studies degree. Most minors require 30 credits, including 15 upper-division credits.
If you are not an enrolled student and have questions about admission to SPU, contact Undergraduate Admissions at 800-366-3344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPU Time Schedule
Find out when the classes you want are offered, and start making plans now.
SPU undergraduate and graduate academic programs are approved by the Washington State Approving Agency for enrollment of those eligible for benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code. SPU professional development courses (5000-5999) are not approved by the Washington State Approving Agency for enrollment of those eligible for benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code.