Apply your technical or professional degree earned at a Washington state community or technical college toward a BA or BS degree at Seattle Pacific University through the Professional Studies program.
About the program
The Professional Studies program is designed for students transferring to Seattle Pacific University with the Applied Sciences-Transfer degree. However, if you completed a different technical or professional degree from a Washington state two-year school and earned a GPA of at least 2.5 in 20 credits of liberal arts coursework, you are also eligible to apply.
- SPU will accept up to 90 credits from two-year schools, approved testing programs, and institutions that are not regionally accredited.
- Most students enter SPU and this program with 90 credits and junior standing.
- General education courses are drawn from writing, humanities, fine arts, social sciences, the sciences, and mathematics.
- Also required are 10–15 credits in Foundations courses (including Christian Scripture and Christian Theology).
- You must complete a minor to complement your technical or professional degree. More than 30 academic minors are available from which to choose, including an Electrical Engineering minor that can be completed through an online/flex plan.
In the Professional Studies program, the amount of time it will take you to complete your bachelor’s degree at SPU is determined by how many general education courses you completed through your associate degree and how many credits you take each quarter.
- A minimum 180 college-level credits
- 60 upper-division credits
- A minor (generally 30 credits)
General Education requirements
You must complete 58–63 credits in approved courses, some of which you may have already completed at the two-year school, in each of the general education and Foundations categories listed below:
- Composition (3)
- Foundations (10–15)
- Social Sciences (10)
- Biological Sciences (10)
- Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning (5)
- Fine Arts (10)
- Humanities (10)
You may complete any minor offered by SPU to earn your Professional Studies degree. Most minors require 30 credits, including 15 upper-division credits.
If you are not an enrolled student and have questions about admission to SPU, contact Undergraduate Admissions at 800-366-3344 or email@example.com.
SPU Time Schedule
Find out when the classes you want are offered, and start making plans now.
SPU undergraduate and graduate academic programs are approved by the Washington State Approving Agency for enrollment of those eligible for benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code. SPU professional development courses (5000-5999) are not approved by the Washington State Approving Agency for enrollment of those eligible for benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code.