The President's Circle includes dedicated donors committed to the vision and mission of Seattle Pacific University. They take an important role in providing a significant portion of the scholarships needed by nearly all SPU students.
A gift of $1,000 or more qualifies you as a President's Circle member for the year. It may be given as a single annual gift or in periodic installments over the course of a year. Recent graduates, one to 10 years out from graduation, may enjoy full membership at a reduced giving level.*
Your participation in President's Circle impacts the world for good through students who go on to serve in a broad range of fields, including medicine, technology, business, education, nursing, theatre, music therapy, and more.
*Giving levels for recent graduates are determined by "counting out" from your graduation date.
1-5 years out
6-10 years out
The President's Circle experience
Your membership includes:
- Invitation to annual President's Circle events.
- Preferred seating at SPU's holiday concert, the Sacred Sounds of Christmas.
- Annual SPU commemorative window cling. Qualified President Circle members (including recent graduates), who display their window clings in the upper left-hand corner of their car's window, are entitled to free parking in the unmarked spaces of any SPU commuter lot, space permitting. Note: SPU staff and faculty who are President Circle members must abide by the restrictions of their employee parking program.
We deeply value your commitment to our students. Please keep in mind:
- You can interact with students. As a member of President's Circle, you are welcome to visit campus at any time. Donors can attend a performance or an athletic event, enjoy a meal with students at Gwinn Commons, or attend special President's Circle thank-you events. For more information, call 206-281-2951.
- Your gifts provide much-needed support. President's Circle gifts are quickly deployed in support of critical University priorities. These include student scholarships, core academic programs, and strategic initiatives. SPU is recognized as a "Best National University" by U.S. News & World Report because it offers a full range of undergraduate majors, plus master's and doctoral programs, and is committed to groundbreaking research.
- If you are an SPU staff or faculty member, monthly gifts of $83.34 or total fiscal year giving of $1,000 qualify you for membership in the President's Circle. Sign up for payroll deduction giving through the SPU Banner system. Simply access Employee Menu, then click on Employee Pay and Account Menu. Choose the Giving to SPU link and complete the form. To give by check or credit card, call Advancement Services at 206-281-2951.
When you're a part of the President's Circle, you will receive these benefits:
- Annual SPU commemorative window cling*.
- Invitations to annual President's Circle events.
- Preferred seating at SPU's holiday concert, Sacred Sounds of Christmas.
We deeply value your commitment to our students and welcome you onto campus at any time. Feel free to stop by our office — we love to say thank you.
* Note: President Circle members — including recent graduates — who display their membership window clings on the upper-left hand corner of the rear window on their car are entitled to free parking in unmarked spaces in any SPU commuter lot, space permitting, when visiting campus. (This does not take the place of a faculty/staff or student parking permit.)
“We hope our yearly contributions to the President’s Circle can help to sustain this truly vibrant community. Seattle Pacific University is not only educating and sending students to live out their Christian faith in service to others, but it is also a compelling place for friends and neighbors outside of the immediate SPU community. There is so much going on at SPU. Almost every week on the University calendar there are fine arts events, lectures, and very competitive sports events. In the spring, there are also student research conferences, social venture competitions, and senior design shows. SPU is an exciting place and we love being a part of this community.”
— Margaret and Stan Diddams
“Seattle Pacific University’s mission is one that we believe in and feel led to support financially. The leadership and vision for the institution is strong and there are projects underway that will take SPU to the next level of influence. We have great confidence that the resources we provide each year to the President’s Circle are being put to use in an effective and thoughtful way. Since there are many students at SPU who are deserving of financial aid, we believe our gifts to the University make a difference in the lives of students who will go on to lead meaningful lives.”
— Norm Edwards '55 and Nancy Snelling Edwards '64
“As a more recent graduate of Seattle Pacific University, I know firsthand the importance of receiving a college education. I could never have graduated without the financial support of SPU’s donors. So, even with student loans, I've decided that it’s extremely important to give back to current SPU students with a President's Circle gift.”
— Sarah Schooley '10
“As President’s Circle members, we give to the Friends of the Library program at Seattle Pacific University. We believe a strong library is one factor, among many, which will help the University attract and retain top faculty and students. With financial support from this endowment, SPU’s Ames Library can better serve the intellectual community.”
— Bryce and Bonnie Nelson
The Annual President’s Circle Dinner honors generous donors of Seattle Pacific University and allows the University to express heartfelt thanks to alumni, faculty members, parents, staff, and friends who are members of this remarkable philanthropic society.
A highlight of this evening is the presentation of the President’s Award for Philanthropy. This award is given to an individual, couple, or family who has made a significant impact on Seattle Pacific University and its mission by modeling generous giving. Honorees are outstanding philanthropic leaders who have invested their passion, time, talents, and financial support to better SPU and the broader community.
The first President’s Circle BBQ was held on on August 2, 2014, at the Casey Conference Center on Whidbey Island.
Annual Soccer Event
The President’s Circle Soccer Event was held on October 4, 2014, at Interbay Stadium in Seattle.
Contact us for more events information
For more information about President’s Circle events, contact us at email@example.com or 206-281-2951.
How much do I need to give to join the President's Circle?
A gift of $1,000 or more qualifies you as a President's Circle member.
Must I give my annual gift all at once, or may I make installments?
Feel free to choose either option. To join with a single annual gift online, visit spu.edu/givenow. To pledge an amount and set up a payment plan, please call 206-281-2951.
Can I give on a monthly basis?
Yes, absolutely! In fact, regular giving is one of the best ways to keep Seattle Pacific strong. To give regularly by debit or credit card, visit spu.edu/givenow, or set up a monthly payment plan by calling 206-281-2951.
I'd like to interact with the students who will benefit from my giving. How can I do that?
President's Circle members are welcome to visit campus at any time. Donors can attend musical and theatre performances, athletic events, enjoy a meal with students at Gwinn Commons, or attend special President's Circle thank-you events. For more information, please call 206-281-2951.
What do President's Circle members receive?
Members of the President's Circle receive a variety of benefits in appreciation for their support.
What can my President's Circle gift support?
Gifts to the President's Circle are quickly deployed to support critical University priorities such as student scholarships, programs, and initiatives. President Circle gifts help SPU graduate men and women of competence and character who will bring positive change to their communities, and to our world. To learn more, please call 206-281-2951.
Are you a faculty or staff member at Seattle Pacific?
Monthly gifts of $83.34 or total fiscal year giving of $1,000 qualify you for membership in the President’s Circle. Signing up for payroll deduction giving though Seattle Pacific’s Banner system is easy to do. Once in Banner, access your Employee Menu then click on the Employee Pay and Account Menu. Choose the Giving to SPU link and fill out the form. To give by check or credit card, please call our Advancement Services office at 206-281-2951.