Welcome! We’re glad you’re here.
Do you have questions about what your future looks like? The SPU Mentor Program connects you with professionals in your chosen industry for customized, one-on-one guidance, encouragement, and support. These professionals can offer you an informed picture of what a career in a specific industry might look like and what you might need to succeed there. They might also be someone who can identify with you based on a similar identity or shared values and who can offer insight that could benefit you as you pursue your personal and professional development.
Here’s how it works:
SPU’s Mentor Program delivers a student-driven approach that is unique to your goals and to your needs — not limited by alumni networks or scripted experiences. You can participate in one of three Mentor Program Tracks: Mentor, Job Shadow, or Career 360.
- Students in all majors are welcome. Whether your questions and explorations are broad or specific, our goal is to connect you with someone who you see as a role model.
- You can begin at any time, during any quarter, while pursuing your undergraduate or graduate degree. We do have one exception, though: we do not find mentors or hosts for students in their final quarter at SPU. Do not wait until the last minute!
- Meet one-on-one (in person or virtually) with your mentor or host. Get the customized guidance that you need.
- Self-direct the content of your mentorship and the success of your experience. The more effort you put into planning for your meetings, the more you and your mentor will both get from the experience.
- Interact with the best. More than 2,500 professionals from a wide variety of industries, roles, and levels of experience have already served as mentors or job shadow hosts in our program, and we are always recruiting new professionals based upon student need and the interest of respected community partners.
- Customize your experience. If you would like to meet someone in a unique industry, someone with a specific role, or a new contact at a particular company, we will make an effort to recruit a mentor for you that meets your criteria.
Ready to sign up for the Mentor Program?