As a mentor, you can:
- Impact a student using your knowledge, skills, values, and experiences.
- Revitalize interest in your own work by connecting with students and their energy.
- Invest in the future by giving back to the community.
If you would like to become a mentor, you can:
- Complete the online application for mentors.
- or Provide a personal profile or résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agree with the Mentor Expectations and Commitments shown below.
Mentor Expectations and Commitments
Mentors can significantly affect and impact the lives of their mentees. Successful mentors often learn from students and show leadership by sharing stories of their experiences.
As a mentor, you will:
- Be available, meeting with your student within respectful time intervals.
- Value your student's time as if it were your own.
- Discuss with your student any personal expectations you may have regarding levels of contact or content of exchanges.
- Communicate respectfully and responsibly with your student, fostering a relationship based on mutual trust and support.
- Reply to email messages and phone calls from your student within two business days.
- Fulfill your commitment to your student and the mentoring process.
- Evaluate your student and the program at the conclusion of the mentorship.
- Contact the Mentor Program staff immediately at email@example.com with any concerns.
For More Information
Find out more or apply to the Mentor Program through the Center for Applied Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org. To update your profile at any time, write us at email@example.com.