Seattle Pacific honors students are intellectually curious, seek truth, and love to learn about everything.
One of the first of its kind, the SPU honors program has an interdisciplinary, liberal arts framework designed as an alternative to the regular General Education curriculum. It asks our highest-achieving students to go deeper into the key questions at the heart of our lives, our faith, and our world in a seminar-based curriculum.
As a University Scholar, you will:
- Learn from and engage with world-class faculty from across the disciplines
- Push yourself to use the intellectual, personal, creative, and social abilities God has given you
- Discover what it means to learn in a rich intellectual community of fellow scholars
- Forge deep, lifelong friendships with other honors students over your four years in the program
- Graduate prepared to engage your discipline, joining the ranks of SPU honors alumni who have gone on to success in careers and graduate programs
“What does it mean to be human?”
This question is an over-arching theme of the honors curriculum. And we ask this question in an inter-connected and interdisciplinary set of courses, forming a close-knit learning community of students and faculty members seeking and inquiring together. More detailed honors course specifics can be found here
Only 40 students are accepted in the University Scholars program every year and there is always a waiting list for admission. If you are interested in learning more, please explore this website for further information about courses, professors, students, alumni, and application information. And always feel free to contact the Honors Program Director Christine Chaney at firstname.lastname@example.org.