See instructions below for the application fee waiver
Here’s what we need from you:
A completed SPU Application or the Common Application. The Common Application is helpful if you're applying to other schools using the common application. The SPU-specific application is shorter if you're not applying to as many Common Application schools. We do not have a preference between applications, but please only apply with ONE application.
- $50 application fee waiver. Here's how to get your $50 fee waiver.
- If applying via the SPU Application
- Go to the "Program Information" tab.
- Within the fee waiver question, the SPUGift waiver code will automatically load if you apply by November 1.
- If applying via the Common Application
- Go to the "My Colleges" section.
- Navigate to Seattle Pacific University and click on "Questions."
- Within the fee waiver question, select "Institutional Fee Waiver" from the drop-down menu.
- Type in the code SPUGift.
Essays. You’ll submit this with your application. This is where we get to meet you! Have fun and be authentic.
Test scores: We are test optional. That means applicants for Autumn Quarter 2023 can choose whether or not to submit ACT or SAT scores. Please see the test score policy.
- SPU can review updated test scores post-application, but they must be received by March 1. Please contact our office if you will submit new scores for review.
- We will superscore your SAT and ACT (combining the highest scores received for the evidence-based reading and writing + math sections).
Official high school transcript. Your high school counselor can mail an official transcript in a sealed envelope to our office. They can submit electronically through the application or they can email the official copy directly to email@example.com. You can forward a sealed envelope to us as well, as long as you receive it from your high school.
Recommendations. Although letters of recommendation are not required to complete your application, they are strongly recommended. Your recommenders can write a short, free-form letter of recommendation and send it to us via the application, email, or mail. We consider the opinions of your teachers, mentors, and youth leaders. (If your teacher is a parent, please send us a recommendation from a non-family member as well.)
Interview. This is optional, but allows us to connect a face and personality with your admission file. A phone interview is also an option.