Dual-Credit Students - Seattle Pacific University

At SPU, high school students who have completed college coursework through programs such as Running Start but have not yet graduated from high school are considered dual-credit. Dual-credit students will apply as a first-year student.

Here’s your application checklist: 

  • A completed SPU Application, or the Common Application if you are applying to multiple schools. (Make sure to fill out our SPU questions as well.)
  • $50 application fee.
  • Essays. You’ll submit this with your application. This is where we get to meet you! Have fun and be authentic.
  • Test scores: We are test optional. This means applicants for Autumn Quarter 2024 can choose whether to submit ACT or SAT scores. 
    • We accept both the ACT and the SAT. We recommend taking both tests, and then retaking the one where you scored the highest. To be official, the test agency needs to send us scores (this can take two to four weeks) or be listed on your official high school transcript. We superscore the SAT.
  • Official high school transcript. Your high school counselor can upload an official transcript onto the Common Application, or they can mail an official transcript in a sealed envelope to our office. You can forward a sealed envelope to us as well, as long as you receive it from your high school.

Keep in mind, students enrolled in college-level courses before graduating from high school must apply as First Years. However, college credits will transfer under the same policies as for all transfer students when you have sent us your college transcripts after admission to SPU.

Application Deadlines

Apply by:

November 1

Early Action Deadline if you want to start Autumn Quarter

Make sure to apply early action if you want a quick admission decision and priority financial aid.

January 15

Regular Decision Deadline if you want to start Autumn Quarter

November 1

If you want to start

Winter Quarter

February 1

If you want to start

Spring Quarter

On-campus housing is guaranteed for students who are 20 years or younger at the start of the academic year. More information about the housing process is available through Residence Life and Housing.