How to opt out of providing SAT/ACT scores
To apply without providing test scores, please select “I do not want my SAT/ACT scores considered for admission” when completing your application to SPU.
Once this option is selected on the application, you will not be able to submit test scores for review.
Policy exceptions and considerations
Before you decide whether or not to submit test scores, please consider the following:
- Although not required, we recommend submitting test scores to be considered for our Distinguished Scholar Award and direct admission to any major in the School of Business, Government, and Economics, or the Nursing major.
- Test scores might also be useful to be considered for the In-State Matching Scholar Commitment. Students must have either an unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.5+ and 1220 SAT or 25 ACT, or an unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.95
- While recommendations are not required for admission, we strongly recommend that students who choose not to submit test scores provide two recommendations (at least one academic).
- Interviews are recommended but not required for students who choose not to submit test scores.
- Students coming from schools that submit written evaluations instead of letter grades are required to submit a test score.
- Although we do not require test scores to apply to the Honors Program, we strongly recommend them as a helpful measure of academic preparation.
Will this affect my scholarships and financial aid?
Apart from the scholarships listed above, test-optional students are fully considered for merit and need-based aid.
How to submit test scores
For students who wish to submit an official test score when applying, SPU will accept scores reported in the following ways:
- Official scores reported directly by the testing agency
- Official scores listed on an official high school transcript
- Official scores emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org from the student’s high school counselor
- A copy of the official test score emailed to email@example.com from the student
Superscoring SAT/ACT scores
Seattle Pacific will superscore test results from the ACT or SAT. This means that if you took a test more than once, we will combine your highest subsection scores from tests taken on different dates. We will also use your highest overall superscored tests between all tests taken for review. If you have taken the test multiple times, we strongly recommend you send all scores to SPU for review of your best overall test score. Seattle Pacific does not accept SAT subject scores.
Contact the admissions office at 206-281-2021 or firstname.lastname@example.org