While encouraging diversity in the recruitment program, SPU reserves the right to refuse the use of SPU facilities and services to any employer or organization not in compliance with local, state, or federal laws, including nondiscrimination laws.
In addition, as a private Christian institution, SPU reserves the right to refuse the use of SPU facilities and services to any employer or organization whose policies or goals are determined to be in conflict with the mission of the University.
Permission to use SPU facilities and services does not imply University approval or endorsement of the policies, practices, or products of the recruiting organization.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of Seattle Pacific University.
General job opportunities
If permitted by SPU, employers and organizations may use Center for Career and Calling facilities and services, including posting positions on Handshake under the following conditions:
- The hiring company does not discriminate in violation of applicable law, and complies with all other applicable laws.
- The employer or organization’s policies or goals are not in conflict with the mission of Seattle Pacific University, as determined by SPU, in its sole discretion.
- The name of the hiring company is disclosed to SPU.
- No fee is charged to the job applicant (or employee, if hired), and no equipment purchases are required of the job applicant (or employee, if hired) by the employer or the company posting the job notice.
- Internships do not operate from a home office or include personal errands as part of the job.
- Sales internships do not require students to use their own personal network to generate leads.
- For any commission sales positions, the compensation arrangement must be clearly explained in job notices and in interviews with students.