Become a mentor
Students at Seattle Pacific are always seeking good mentors from a multitude of fields. No matter what your level of experience, or what field you represent, you have something to offer. In the process, you’ll probably find that the mentoring relationship offers you encouragement and satisfaction, as well.
Why be a mentor?
As a mentor, you can make a difference not only in a student’s life and career but also in your own:
- Positively influence a student by providing informal feedback, advice, and coaching.
- Increase a student’s communication, leadership, and professional skills.
- Revitalize interest in your own work by connecting to students and their energy.
- Invest in the future by giving back to the community.
Who can be a mentor?
Anyone with career or calling advice to share with an SPU student is invited to apply to become a mentor, whether your industry is accounting, advertising, education, veterinary medicine, waste management, or anything in between. Here are some of the people who mentor SPU students:
- SPU alumni
- Parents of SPU students or alumni
- Local business/nonprofit employers
- Community partners
- SPU professors