SPU Home > Finance Home > Liability & Risk Management > Claims
SPU Home


Filing an Auto Insurance Claim
If you are in an auto accident while operating a University vehicle, or rented vehicle on University business, you should take the following steps:

  1. If you involved in a collision, first call 911. If the accident happens on the SPU campus, notify Safety & Security at x2911.
  2. After the accident, contact Marsh USA (University’s insurance) at (503) 248-6400. Their contact information is given on the laminated card detailing the University insurance coverage. Individuals must have a laminated card when renting a vehicle for University business. Contact the risk managment and insurance specialist to obtain a card before renting a vehicle.
  3. After the accident, contact the risk managment and insurance specialist at the University to submit a claim at (206) 281-2461. This individual is the auto and liability claims manager for the University.

Please notify SPU promptly of an auto claim. The risk managment and insurance specialist processes University insurance claims, auto and liability and is available to answer any questions you may have. If you have any questions or concerns about the procedure, claim management, or insurance policies, please call x2461.

Auto Insurance Coverage Through University Purchasing Cards
MasterCard offers the MasterRental Insurance Coverage for University individuals who use their University purchasing card to rent vehicles. MasterRental will pay for covered damages up to certain limits per incident for which the cardholder or any authorized driver is legally responsible to the rental agency on a primary basis. The coverage does not extend to vehicles that accommodate more than nine passengers.



Contact Us
Seattle Pacific University
Finance Office, Weter Hall
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 112
Seattle, Washington 98119-1922

Copyright © 2004 Web Content Disclaimer Seattle Pacific University. 3307 Third Ave. W., Seattle, Wash. 98119 Finance Office: 206-281-2066