Volunteer Service and Resource Promotion GuidelinesSeattle Pacific University CANNOT endorse or promote programs and events that encourage or promote any of the following:
- Violation of local, state, or federal law.
- Premarital, extramarital, or homosexual sexual activities.
- Possession, use, distribution, or sale of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Participation in any actions that involve illegal discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, disability, or gender.
- Activities that cause or threaten emotional, mental, or physical harm or suffering; that demean the dignity of any individual; or that interfere with one’s academic process.
- Possession, use, or display of any firearms, weapons, fireworks, live ammunition, incendiary devices, or other items that are potentially hazardous.
- Activities that may cause damage or constitute a safety or health hazard or interfere with the academic process.
- Using University resources to directly or indirectly participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements or propaganda), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.
- Any violation of other University policies, regulations, or rules.
In select cases, a particular activity promoted by an approved agency may not align with the above descriptions (i.e., wine-tasting fundraiser staffed by student volunteers). In these situations, the agency may be asked to refrain from promotion of this specific event or activity through SPU resources.
For More InformationFor more information on the policies and standards of Seattle Pacific University, visit:
For questions on specific issues, or for more information about volunteer programs at Seattle Pacific University, please contact Owen Sallee, Coordinator for Global and Urban Involvement: (206) 281-2932 or email@example.com.
Back to CityQuest