Interested in hosting a conference, dinner, or public event in collaboration with us? Conference Services is here to guide you through the steps of reserving space; arranging catering, technology, parking, and marketing; and thinking through all the little details that go into a successful event.

During the school year (mid-September through mid-June), meeting spaces are available for day, evening, or weekend use. Summer availability expands to include multiday events. During both the Summer Sessions and quarter breaks, external events are given priority.

Form icon
Step 1

The first step is to fill out our Event Request Form.

Conversation icon
Step 2

If your event approved, the Associate Director will:

  • send you a proposal
  • confirm dates
  • place a hold on the necessary spaces
  • reserve lodging

Once you confirm your interest, the Associate Director will reach out to begin discussing logistics and prepare an event contract for review.

credit card payment
Step 3

To secure your space, a signed contract and deposit are due.

connections icon
Step 4

The Associate Director will then proceed to organize logistics around catering, technology, parking, and building access.

Step 5

Have your event!

Note: only non-profit tax-exempt organizations [501c3] can book an external event. These events are primarily designed for and attended by people not related to SPU and are primarily funded through non-SPU dollars. All such events are scheduled, contracted, and coordinated through the Conference Services office.

Internal or external?

A student presents at the 2022 Social Venture Plan competition in Upper Gwinn Commons

Internal events

An event is internal if: the event is primarily for SPU students, staff, or faculty; and if an SPU department will be paying for the event via an interdepartmental (ID) charge without being reimbursed by an outside organization.

A conference meeting in Upper Gwinn Commons

External events

An event is external if the primary audience for the event is not SPU students, staff, or faulty; and if a non-SPU organization will be paying for the event via check or charge (even if an SPU faculty or staff is a member of the organization). If an SPU department is sponsoring the event by paying for some or all of the fees, but an external organization is planning and executing the event, it is still considered external.

virtual campus

ADA access?

You’ll find ADA-approved handicapped parking in the Demaray parking lot. Access Gwinn Commons through the Ames Library back entrance, through the Library to Martin Square, and then up the Gwinn Commons elevator to the third floor.

Campus accessibility map