At Seattle Pacific, you will find an intellectually stimulating community that embraces the Christian story, strives for biblical and theological literacy, engages a multicultural and complex world, and values character formation as essential to the fully educated individual. Every employee of SPU plays a unique and important role.
We are richly blessed by inventive and passionate students, a dynamic and renowned faculty, a dedicated and creative staff, and the transformative power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have an ongoing need for talented, caring, and faithful employees who resonate with our shared values. If you have the qualifications, you are invited to apply.
Applying for a Job at SPU
View our current faculty and staff openings. Each job listing provides an “Apply Now” link that will guide you through the appropriate application.
Benefits of Working at SPU
When you are a benefits-eligible employee, you are can enjoy:
- Paid holidays and Christmas closure
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Emeriti retirement medical plan
- Wellness program
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Life Assistance Program
- 401(a) and 403(b) retirement plans
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Tuition discount and exchange program
- Access to long-term care insurance
- Access to SPU Library
- Access to weight room, workout room, and locker room
- 10 percent discount at the SPU Bookstore
- Campus theatre and music productions
- Employee discounts for athletic events
- Employee discounts with local and national companies
- Weekly chapel for students, faculty, and staff during the school year
- Several on-campus dining services
- Nearby picturesque walking/running/biking paths along Seattle’s Ship Canal and Lake Union
An Employee of SPU Is in Good Company
Founded in 1891 by Free Methodist pioneers, Seattle Pacific University is a recognized leader in Christian higher education. The University’s more than 4,000 students and 800 faculty and staff members come from more than 50 different Christian denominations.
SPU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
SPU is committed to assisting all members of the SPU community in providing for their own safety and security. Each year by October 1, SPU is required to distribute a copy of its Annual Security and Fire Safety Report to all enrolled students and current employees. SPU is also required to notify prospective employees about the availability of the report.
The most recent version of SPU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the SPU website at http://www.spu.edu/depts/security/has.asp. If you would like to receive a print version of this report, you can stop by the Office of Safety and Security at 601 West Emerson Street, Seattle, WA 98119, or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 206‐281‐2922.
SPU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report also contains information for the three previous calendar years about fires that occurred in on‐campus student housing facilities and reported crimes that occurred on campus, at off‐campus locations controlled by SPU, or at nearby public property.
Availability of SPU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
SPU Statement of Faith
SPU Mission, Core Themes, and Vision
Directions to SPU/Campus Map
The SPU campus