Student Financial Services
Student Financial Services

Financial Aid: Managing Your Financial Aid

Grant Descriptions
WA State Awards
SPU Grants and Scholarships Limitations and Renewal

Grant & Scholarship Programs (PDF)

Grant Descriptions

Federal Pell Grant
Federal Pell grants are direct grants from the federal government awarded to undergraduate students based on expected family contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
SEOG is awarded to undergraduate students on the basis of documented financial need as determined from the FAFSA.

Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program
TEACH grant benefits current and prospective teachers who agree to teach full time for at least four years in a federally designated eligible school. Student must be admitted to the School of Education and be seeking a teaching certificate with endorsements in math, science, foreign language, special education, bilingual education, or as a reading specialist. If you fail to complete the service obligation, all amounts of TEACH Grants that you received will be converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. You must then repay this loan to the U.S. Department of Education.

SPU Grant
SPU grant is awarded to undergraduate students on the basis of documented financial need as determined from a processed FAFSA.

Washington State Need Grant
WSNG awards are available to residents of the state of Washington who, according to state rules, are determined to have need.

Students may select through the Washington Student Directive [PDF] form to have the funds electronically disbursed to their account or delivered to them directly. If you select electronic disbursement, the funds will be used to pay charges on your student account. If you choose to receive the money directly, the funds will be given to you by mail or direct deposit. However, you will be responsible for any balance owed and, if applicable, late fees.

Last Updated: 2/5/2015