Food & body image therapy
Access the Patient Portal to request a Nutrition Counseling Consultation today.
What is nutritional counseling? It's counseling and support for disordered eating, clinical eating disorders,
body image issues, non-diet approaches to weight and health, and more.
Examples of disordered eating include
- Emotional/stress eating
- Chronic dieting
- Guilt and shame related to eating
- Preoccupation with food and body
- Obsessive/compulsive exercising
Examples of clinical eating disorders include
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Orthorexia Nervosa
Questions to ask:
- Do you weigh yourself or find yourself preoccupied with numbers on the scale or with counting calories?
- Do you feel shame, guilt, disgust, fear after eating something "bad?"
- Do you think about controlling food and/or your body that you don't have much mental space left for other things in life?
- Do you base your self-worth on how you look or how/what you eat?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may be dealing with disordered eating or an eating disorder.
Eating & body image concerns
Please see the following resources for more information in the realm of food, body, nutrition, and wellness.