Information for Parents & Families

The Student Counseling Health, and Wellness provides a range of mental health services. For more information about what your student can expect at the SCHW, we encourage you to explore our website.

Keep in mind, we can talk with you about your concern for your student. However, we are only able to share specific information about your student's treatment if they have signed a written release allowing us to do so.

The SCHW provides short-term individual services only. We often refer students with ongoing or chronic conditions to local providers. Help your student by sharing insurance coverage details or helping them to access that information.

If you would like to find a private practitioner in the local community, please visit our Resources and Referrals page.

Additional Resources

What to do if you are concerned about your student

Students are adults and must schedule their own appointments. However, an SCHW counselor can help you figure out how to talk with your student about your concerns and, when indicated, encourage scheduling an appointment at the SCHW.

If you are concerned about a mental health emergency after SCHW business hours, you or your student can contact the SPU Safety and Security at (206) 281-2911.