You finished your first step in starting college — registering for classes! Here’s what you need to do next:
Be sure you are in the SPU Emergency Alert System and that SPU has Emergency Contact Information for you!
If you haven’t done this already, log into the Banner Info System and click Personal Menu - Emergency Alert System. Follow instructions to provide:
- Up to two alternate (“non-SPU”) email addresses
- Up to two alternate cell phone numbers for text messaging
- Up to two alternate (“non-SPU”) telephone numbers for voice calls
To enter your Emergency Contact Information you may click from the Alert System page in Banner, or log directly from the Banner Info System, Personal Menu. This information is used only in an emergency situation ("who to contact" if something happens to you), and is viewable only by emergency personnel at SPU.
Beginning in early April, SPU sends a Campus Living booklet to all admitted undergraduates. (If you are admitted after April 1, your packet is mailed within two weeks of your admission date.)
The booklet contains instructions on applying for housing and submitting a housing deposit. It also includes information about how students are prioritized for placement and how roommates are selected.
Autumn 2013 — if your housing application and deposit are received:
- By May 31, you will receive your assignment at the beginning of August.
- Between June 1 and August 15, you will receive your assignment in mid-September.
- After August 15, your application will be processed as space permits.
Discover more about campus living.
Technology at SPU
As an SPU student, you’ll need to get connected! For more information about your SPU accounts, software resources available to you, and advice on choosing a new computer, visit www.spu.edu/getconnected.
Faculty Advisor Assignments
- If you are registered for a University Seminar (USEM) [available after April 1] , the faculty member teaching the class is your advisor through your first year.
- If you aren't required to take USEM 1000, you will be assigned a faculty advisor in your area of interest within the first two weeks of Autumn Quarter.
- You will be required to meet with your faculty advisor prior to registering for Winter Quarter in November.
When you registered for New Student Advising, you also registered for Welcome Week.
In early August, you will receive detailed information about Welcome Week for new students and their families. Welcome Week begins on September 26.