How to Sign Up for NSA
Students admitted for Autumn 2016 can sign up now!
Signing up for NSA is required. We need to know you’re coming in order to prepare your materials for your advisor(s).
While there are deadlines to sign up for each NSA session, the session will close once we have reached capacity. To secure your space, be sure to sign up as soon as possible. You will be able to change your sign-up if you need to, as long as there is space available in the session you want to move into.
|Group Advising Sessions
|Saturday, May 21
Sign up by 6:00 AM on Monday, May 9.
|Friday, June 24
||Deadline updated to June 1
|Friday, July 8
|Friday, August 12
|Individual Advising Sessions
|Friday, July 15
||This session is full.
|Friday, July 22
|Friday, August 26
|Friday, September 9
Here are the steps for signing up:
1. Log into Banner and go to the Student Menu > New Student Menu > New Student Advising Sign Up.
2. Submit your $200 advance payment to the Admissions Office.
This establishes your student account, and the funds are applied to your first quarter’s tuition charges. To submit your advance payment, log into Banner and go to the Student Menu > New Student Menu > Advance Tuition Payment. (Submit your advance payment while you're already logged into Banner. It's the same menu!)
3. Submit updated official transcripts for ALL institutions/testing programs from which you’ve received college credit.
To advise you properly, and have you register for appropriate courses, we need to know what coursework you’ve already completed. College-level coursework and credit for standardized exams listed on high school transcripts must be accompanied by official transcripts from the testing organization or post-secondary institutions granting credit in order for those credits to be transferred. Have all materials sent to SPU Undergraduate Admissions, 3307 Third Ave. W., Suite 115, Seattle, WA 98119.
4. Complete the required tutorial assignments and placement tests.
In order to arrive best prepared for advising and registration, familiarize yourself with SPU’s degree requirements and student account processes before you arrive. The tutorial also contains placement tests required for class registration.
Log into Canvas and follow the instructions in the tutorial. As a newly admitted student, you've been enrolled in the "Earning Your Undergraduate Degree" course in Canvas. Access that course for instructions.
- Students intending to complete majors that require CHM 1211: General Chemistry I; MAT 1234: Calculus I; or MUS 1104: Music Theory I must complete placement tests for these courses prior to NSA. Advising and registration for the first quarter is dependent on the completion of these placement tests.
- Students who will not fulfill the Foreign Language Competency requirement prior to enrolling at SPU, and who have previously completed foreign language study in an area they wish to continue at SPU, must complete placement tests for these courses prior to NSA. Advising and registration for the first quarter is dependent on the completion of these placement tests.