Our career counselors are available to help you through the various steps of figuring out what you want to do with your life, finding a job or internship, and embarking on a career. Contact us to schedule an appointment or come to a brief “walk-in” to meet with a peer career advisor.
Talk to a career counselor to see if an online career assessment might be useful in your discernment process. We have several tools that can help you clarify your interests, strengths, values, and personal preferences and suggest career areas for further investigation.
We offer several one- or two-credit classes taught by career professionals designed to help you explore and create your professional journey while at SPU:
- Finding your vocation. Explore important questions about who you are and how to sense God’s call on your life. Learn to make good decisions by listening to what gives you a deep sense of meaning and purpose.
- Major and career exploration. Identify your strengths, abilities, interests, and vocational calling and explore majors and careers that might be a good fit. Learn which key experiences to have as an undergraduate, and create a plan for college success.
- Internship and career strategies. Identify and articulate your strengths and interests as you learn how to find and apply for a rewarding internship experience that will further your professional development.
- College-to-career planning. Learn to network, write a powerful résumé and cover letter, create an effective LinkedIn profile, search for a job or internship and prepare for interviews as you get ready to transition from SPU to the world of work.
The CCC offers a variety of events to provide career exploration opportunities and to help you develop your professional skills. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for more information on:
- Career fairs
- Employer meet-ups
- Career conversations/employer panels
- Etiquette dinners
- “Résumé Rescue” workshops
- And more!
Log in (using your student username and password) to Handshake to search and apply for jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. You can also find out about and register for upcoming career events, schedule an on-campus interview, and utilize the career resource library.
We hope you take full advantage of the many resources, services and opportunities the CCC has to offer, and we look forward to meeting you!