Graduate Program Admission
You know which graduate program in SPU's School of Education is right for you. Now what? How do you apply for admission as a graduate student?
Each graduate program has unique admission requirements, and you'll find those on the program's "Admission Information" page. You'll also want to remember the general requirements below for all SPU graduate programs.
To be considered for admission into an SPU graduate program, you must apply online and meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- If your degree is not from a US college or university, please arrange for your transcript to be evaluated by an accredited transcript-evaluation company, such as FIS or WES. Have the report forwarded directly to Graduate Admissions.
- Submit an official copy of transcripts from the college or university that granted your bachelor's degree and any institution attended since that time.
- Note, to be considered official, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the college or university. Transcripts may be delivered to Graduate Admissions as long as they remain in their original, unopened university envelope. Electronic transcripts received via eSCRIP-SAFE or Parchment Exchange are also acceptable.
- Present a GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 = A) in the last 45 quarter credits of coursework completed before applying for admission or in all undergraduate work, whichever is higher.
- Present an acceptable score on the appropriate entrance examination as required by the particular program of study.
- Submit letters of recommendation from at least two people. The letters submitted must come from unrelated individuals familiar with your intended field of study.
- Pay the appropriate application fee.
- Meet any additional admission requirements of the particular program to which you are applying.
- In addition to specified requirements listed above and individual program requirements, all international students must submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- On the TOEFL, preferred minimum of 80 (Internet version), 213 (computer version), or 550 (paper version).
- On the IELTS, preferred minimum of 7.0.
Individual program application deadlines may be found on the Graduate Admissions website.
For more information about the application process, email Graduate Admissions or contact by phone at 206-281-2091 or 800-601-0603.
The Facts on Gainful Employment, Certification
Find gainful employment information for certification programs — including program enrollment, completion rate, cost, median debt levels, and job placement rates — on the Information and Data Management website.