These are exciting times to be a nurse. In the changing landscape of healthcare reform, nurses will play a critical role in leading and shaping positive change through a focus on overall health and wellness.
That’s part of the reason why I’m excited to serve as dean of the School of Health Sciences at SPU. After years in practice and healthcare leadership, I find it a great privilege to be a part of this special community. Our outstanding faculty members are wholly committed to excellence in education, clinical practice, and scholarship.
You’ll discover something unique here, as well, in nursing programs set apart by the integration of a strong foundation in Christian faith and values. Since 1936, thousands of our nursing graduates have carried these values to their practices throughout the Pacific Northwest and around the world. What’s more, a robust academic atmosphere and relationship-centered learning and practice help our students become exceptional practitioners who provide compassionate, evidence-based clinical care. SPU graduates naturally emerge as leaders in our profession.
With this in mind, we have much to offer you through our nationally accredited programs:
- pre-licensure bachelor of science in nursing (BSN)
- RN-to-BSN program for practicing nurses
- master of science in nursing (MSN) and post-master’s certification for future --
- clinical nurse specialists
- nurse educators
- nurse administrators
- adult nurse practitioners
- family nurse practitioners
What’s your next step? If you have a passion for learning and a desire to integrate faith, practice, and scholarship to make a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to explore the School of Health Sciences and the Lydia Green Nursing Programs at SPU.
Lorie Wild, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
News and Events
Sigma Theta Tau Induction
Friday, June 7, 2013 2:00-3:00 PM
Cadre Nurses Christian Fellowship
School of Health Sciences Mission
Based on our commitment to Christian values, we seek to partner with the community to develop graduates who engage the culture, change the world, and:
- Serve all people with the highest level of professional care.
- Demonstrate competence in a diverse and changing environment.
- Act with wisdom, character, and caring.
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of nursing.
- Promote optimum health of body, mind, and spirit.
Our core values are: Excellence; Respect; Diversity; Inquiry; and Caring Presence