The Office of Global Engagement equips faculty and staff to:
- Incorporate global learning outcomes into the curriculum.
- Facilitate the integration of international students on campus.
- Provide useful and relevant resources for building global awareness.
- Facilitate international collaborations.
The University’s Strategic Plan states “the curriculum, the student body, and the faculty will be substantially more international” and “Seattle Pacific University will be known by the lives of alumni who reflect the University’s values, are shaped by its mission, and embody its vision and commitment to global and cultural engagement, reconciliation, and human flourishing.”
To do this, the Strategic Plan calls for the fostering of “global and intercultural competencies and knowledge necessary to further function, engage, and lead effectively in today’s complex society.”
In addition, the Strategic Plan calls for the development and implementation of “a campus-wide global initiative program that ensures all students are exposed to learning environments that will expand their global knowledge and related competencies.”
We provide assistance in these areas:
- Issuing visa documents
- Advising on immigration matters
- Meeting U.S. reporting requirements
Collaborations with our foreign partners and institutions are essential to the success of our global activities. The Office of Global Engagement develops working relationships with like-minded, global institutions that facilitate dynamic cultural exchange.
Seattle Pacific University has developed more than 30 partnerships with many universities around the world, including:
- Korea University
- Chyung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan
- Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
- China Central Normal University
- Hiroshima University, Japan
- University of Le Havre, France
- University of Social Sciences, Poland
- University of Lapland, Finland
- Duesto University, Spain
- Shuya State University, Russia
- Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia
- Otto von Guericke University, Germany