SPU offers three chemistry degrees for you to choose from:
- BA in Chemistry, designed for those interested in education or the health professions.
- BS in Chemistry, for students who wish to continue their studies in graduate school or move into environmental or industrial science.
- BS in Biochemistry, which provides a strong foundation for fields in any of the molecular-related biological sciences.
Coursework is balanced between theoretical material and a variety of laboratory experiences, including traditional “wet chemistry,” instrumental techniques, and computational methods.
Seattle Pacific University’s location will benefit you in many ways. You’ll have plenty of opportunities for internships in a variety of biomedical, biotechnological, environmental, analytical, and industrial laboratories. You’ll also hear from world-class researchers who regularly visit campus to give lectures on their work.
SPU graduates with degrees in chemistry and biochemistry have many options. Our chemistry and biochemistry alumni are working at places such as:
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Washington State Patrol Forensic Lab
- Los Alamos National Laboratories
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Seattle Biomedical Research Institute
- Cardinal Health
- Mayo Clinic
- Public and private schools
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- EvergreenHealth Medical Center
- Juno Therapeutics
Many alumni have also entered medical school or other graduate programs at such renowned institutions as the University of Washington, Johns Hopkins University, Harvard, Yale School of Medicine, and Georgetown University.
You can take a chemistry placement test to qualify for CHM1310 or 1211.
About Philip W. and Sharon K. Eaton Hall
Eaton Hall opened in 2003, with facilities dedicated to undergraduate research as well as teaching. Take a virtual tour of our facilities.