Be Well: Mindful Yoga
In partnership with the SPYogis and Intramurals, the Wellness Initiative offers a series of yoga and mindfulness classes called Be Well.
Be Well is an eight-week series of yoga classes that integrate mindfulness meditation. Each week, you will:
- Learn about mindfulness.
- Participate in a one-hour yoga class followed by a mindfulness practice.
- Receive information about stress management and resources to develop a mindfulness meditation practice.
To sign up for the current session, visit imleagues.com/spu.
Seeing Double: Separating Substance Use Fact From Fiction
This campuswide event, held in January 2017, provided students with information and resources regarding substance use and abuse. Students had the opportunity to:
- Participate in “Test Your Vision,” an interactive educational display.
- Do a Q&A with a panel of experts on substance use and abuse.
- Attend “Beer Goggles to Blackouts, the Munchies to Memory Problems: The Science of Alcohol and Marijuana,” a lecture with Jason Kilmer, PhD, a leading researcher on the prevention of alcohol and drug use among college students.