Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering; General Engineering Coordinator
Office: Otto Miller Hall 234
Education: BSME, Purdue University, 1998; MSME, Michigan State University, 2000; PhD, University of Louisville, 2008. At SPU since 2012.
Adam Arabian came to SPU after 15 years in the industry, working in fields ranging from submarine systems to medical devices. His last position before SPU was director of research and development for a prosthetics company in Seattle.
Dr. Arabian continues to do research in prosthetics but now focuses on the needs of developing-world users, and is actively engaged with multiple nonprofits working to provide appropriate solutions for people in need in the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia.
Please view Dr. Arabian’s CV (PDF) for more information.
- Arabian, A; Schull, J.; Bastian, A, Flood, F.; Owen, I.; Zuniga, J. “e-NABLE: Collaborative innovation of, by, and for the global village.” Proceedings of the IEEE Global Humanitarian Development Conference, 2014.
- Daly, W; Voo, L; Rosenbaum-Chou, T; Arabian, A; Boone, D. “Socket Pressure and Discomfort in Upper-Limb Prostheses: A Preliminary Study.” Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics 26 (2014): 99–106.
- Gacioch, J; Fite, K; Arabian, A; Kobayashi, T, Boone, D; Orendurff, M. “An Architechture for Direct Measurement of Transfemoral Prosthesis Gait Beyond the Gait Laboratory Setting.” Proceedings of the ASME Dynamic Systems Control Conference, 2014. 8.
- Kobayashi, T.; Orendurrf, M.; Arabian, A; Rosenbaum-Chou, T; Boone, D. “Effect of prosthetic alignment changes on socket reaction moment impulse during walking in transtibial amputees.” Journal of Biomechanics 47 (2014): 1315–23.
- Kobayashi, Toshiki; Arabian, Adam; Orendurff, Michael; Rosenbaum-Chou, Teri; Boone, David. “Effect of alignment changes on socket reaction moments while walking in transtibial prostheses with energy storage and return feet.” Clinical Biomechanics 20 (2014): 47–56.