Whether you graduated recently or decades ago, your experiences with SPU business faculty, staff, and other students, helped shape the person and professional you are today. No matter when you graduated, we hope you will stay a part of the School of Business, Government, and Economics community.
Discover how you can get involved by being a partner with the School of Business, Government, and Economics, learn about upcoming events, and more. We want to continue to serve alumni like you by keeping you informed about the School.
Here's how you can make a difference now in the lives of future SPU alumni:
Become an SBGE Partner
Your career experiences are valuable ― and can be a key component for today's SPU students in several ways:
- Serve as a mentor for a student. the Center for Applied Learning has placed hundreds of students with more than 500 mentors from the business community over the past five years.
- Meet over breakfast or lunch for informal discussion with a small group of students.
- Sponsor a student intern. Business undergraduates are required to complete at least one internship before graduation. Most employers say they are highly satisfied with their interns' work. Internships are managed through our Center for Career and Calling.
- Advise a student team entering a business competition.
- Help connect SBGE faculty with local businesses for faculty development, consulting opportunities, and externships.
- Refer quality prospective students to our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Be a guest speaker or teach:
- Present a guest lecture. Business leaders often make class presentations as a part of the overall course curriculum.
- Serve as a guest case expert when classes discuss cases in your firm or industry.
- Make a presentation at a faculty workshop.
- Participate in business/faith integration seminars for alumni and the local business community.
- Teach a course as an adjunct professor. About 20 percent of our courses are taught by adjunct professors.
If you are interested in becoming an SBGE partner through any of these opportunities, please contact Kathleen Cochran at 206-281-2992 or email@example.com.