Professor of Management and Information Systems
Office: McKenna Hall 204
Education: MBA, Ball State University, 1984; MDiv, Anderson University School of Theology, 1985; PhD, University of Passau, 1992. At SPU since 1992.
Gerhard Steinke came to the School of Business and Economics to bring leadership to the graduate Information Systems Management program. Born in Canada, he has worked for various Canadian government departments as well as a small consulting firm. His academic experience includes work at universities in the U.S., Hong Kong, and Germany. Dr. Steinke completed his doctoral work at the University of Passau in Germany in 1992.
Dr. Steinke has taught Information Systems and Information Security at Seattle Pacific University for the last 20 years. In addition, he has consulted for organizations such as Boeing, Microsoft, AT&T Wireless, and the state of Washington. His international assignments include teaching courses and seminars in Mexico, Dubai, Malaysia, and Romania.
Task-Based Security for Knowledge Base Systems
Reihe Informatik, Shaker Verlag, 1992
- "Towards an Understanding of Web Application Security Threats and Incidents," with Emanuel Tundrea and Kenmoro Kelly, Journal of Information Privacy & Security 7.4 (2011): 54–69.
- "Integrating Failure Mode Effect Analysis Into the Medical Device Approval Process," with Vania Kurniawati and Jim Nindel-Edwards, Communications of the IIMA, Volume 10.3, pp. 49–58, 2010.
- "The Development of a Thorough Test Plan in the Analysis Phase Leading to More Successful Software Development Projects," with J. Nindel-Edwards, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Volume 16, Number 1, 2007.
- "Business Rules as the Basis of an Organization’s Information Systems," with C. Nickolette, Journal of Industrial Management and Data Systems, pp. 52–63, Vol 103, Number 1, 2003.
- Data Privacy Approaches From U.S. and EU Perspectives," Telematics and Informatics Journal, Jan. 2002.
Please view Dr. Steinke's CV (PDF) for additional publications.
Dr. Steinke's website