Who Should Pursue This Certificate
If you are interested in integrating faith and work and seek to live faithfully in the marketplace and you want to use business to serve the common good, SPU’s Continuing Education Certificate in Faith and Business is designed for you — whether you are a lay business professional, seminarian, or clergy.
SPU’s School of Business, Government, and Economics is committed to providing an applied, experiential, and collaborative learning environment that integrates business competence and Christian character.
In the Professional Development Certificate in Faith and Business program, you will:
- Deepen your understanding of biblical teaching and theological insights about work, the marketplace, vocational ministry, and the purpose and role of business and the economy.
- Focus on the importance and role of work and marketplace ministry as vocation.
- See God’s provisioning through work in the marketplace and economic systems.
- Understand the effects of economic forces on communities.
- Learn how to live faithfully as a Christian in the marketplace.
- Build a strong theological basis for your commitment to workplace excellence, integrity, and ethics.
- Use business as a tool for serving the common good and loving others.
- Learn how to address marketplace and vocational ministry issues faced by fellow Christians.
- Live an integrated moral and spiritual life.
- Contextualize your faith to the marketplace.
- Develop a network of like-minded peers in the church and in business for mutual support and accountability.
“Another Way of Doing Business”
The Continuing Education Certificate in Faith and Business at SPU is built on an ethical foundation that offers a first-class business education through the lens of Christian faith and values. The School of Business, Government, and Economics also operates the Center for Faithful Business and publishes Ethix journal.
The program outline includes a description of this Certificate's program components.
What is required for admission to the Professional Development Certificate in Faith and Business program? Find information about admission requirements and procedures.