Post-baccalaureate applicants are those who have completed a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing. If you have questions about how your credits will transfer, see the Transfer Course Equivalency Guide or contact a SPU transfer admissions counselor. You do not need to complete a separate application to the University, your Nursing Application will be the only application needed should you be offered admission. If you have questions about how your credits will transfer, see the Transfer Course Equivalency Guide or contact a SPU transfer admissions counselor.
Check your eligibility
To apply to the BSN program, you must:
- Post-baccalaureate applicants will have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 for completed prerequisite coursework. All individual earned grades must be at least 2.0.
- Repeat policy – considering all nine prerequisite classes there may be no more than two (2) repeats taken overall to earn a grade higher than a 2.0.
- At the time you submit your application, at least four (4) prerequisite classes must be completed.
- All nine prerequisite courses must be on track to be completed for cohort entry as follows:
- January 15 to enter Spring Cohort
- July 1 to enter Autumn or Winter Cohort
- Application fee for Post-Baccalaureate applications: $50.00
Any questions regarding eligibility should be discussed with your SPU Transfer Admission Counselor.
Meeting the minimum criteria for consideration of admission neither implies nor guarantees admission to the program. Each year a total of at least 15 Transfer and Post-Baccalaureate students are admitted, typically 5 seats per quarter.
To learn more
For an overview of nursing courses, visit the course descriptions section in the SPU catalog. You can find a preview of the required coursework for the nursing major in the suggested course sequence for post-baccalaureate entry
For additional help contact us at email@example.com.
Find out more about preparing preparing to transfer to SPU.
Request more info »