Nursing Program prerequisites are typically completed during the first two years, along with core University requirements.
Check your eligibility
To apply to the BSN program, you must:
Completed 90 quarter hour credits by the time you begin the BSN program.
- Be a student in good standing currently enrolled full time at SPU or have been enrolled full-time at SPU within four quarters prior to the start of the program.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.85 for completed prerequisite coursework. All individual earned grades must be at least 2.0.
- Prerequisite Retake Policy – considering all nine prerequisite classes there may be no more than two (2) repeats taken overall to earn a grade higher than a 2.0.
- Applicants that exceed the Prerequisite Retake Policy are no longer eligible for the Nursing program.
- At the time you submit your application, at least four (4) prerequisite classes must be completed.
- All prerequisite coursework must be on track to be completed by July 1 to enter the Autumn or Winter Cohort.
Any questions regarding eligibility should be discussed with your SPU Academic advisor.
Meeting the minimum criteria for consideration of admission neither implies nor guarantees admission to the program.