Transfer students are those who have completed college level courses after high school graduation and have not completed coursework at SPU in the past four quarters. You do not need to complete a separate application to the University, your Nursing Application will be the only application needed should you be offered admission. If you have questions about how your credits will transfer, see the Transfer Course Equivalency Guide or contact a SPU transfer admissions counselor.
Check your eligibility
To apply to the BSN program, you must:
Completed 90 quarter hour credits and all General Education requirements by the time you begin the BSN program, except for UCOR 3000 and UFDN 3100.
Application fee for transfer applications: $50.00
- Transfer applicants will have completed either a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) degree or 90 transferable credits prior to entry to the nursing program. Clarify timing with a transfer admissions counselor.
- Running start students, please see our High School Senior Applicant page.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 for completed prerequisite coursework. All individual earned grades must be at least 2.0.
- Prerequisite Retake Policy – considering all nine prerequisite classes there may be no more than two (2) repeats taken overall to earn a grade higher than a 2.0.
- Applicants that exceed the Prerequisite Retake Policy are no longer eligible for the Nursing program.
- At the time you submit your application, at least four (4) prerequisite classes must be completed.
- All prerequisite coursework must be on track to be completed by July 1 to enter the Autumn or Winter Cohort.
Any questions regarding eligibility should be discussed with your SPU Transfer Admission Counselor.
Meeting the minimum criteria for consideration of admission neither implies nor guarantees admission to the program. Each year a total of at least 15 Transfer and Post-Baccalaureate students are admitted, typically 5 seats per quarter.
To learn more
For nursing application information, visit the Apply to the Nursing Program page.
For an overview of nursing courses, visit the course descriptions section in the SPU catalog. You can find a preview of the required coursework for the nursing major in the suggested course sequence for transfer Nursing students.
To learn more about Transfer Student Scholarships, contact Student Financial Services.
For additional help contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about preparing preparing to transfer to SPU.
Request more info »