Sometimes you want to work with a private tutor. Tutor Matching Services can help you access SPU faculty-recommended subject tutors. You can also choose to work with tutors from other universities. Hourly rates range from $15-$25 per hour. Some students find they only need 1 or 2 sessions; others prefer a weekly appointment. To learn more:
- Go to Tutor Matching Service.
- Browse through the list for peer tutors from SPU and other colleges/universities.
- Sort by price, subject, or zip code.
- Find a date and time to book a tutor.
- Pay via credit card.
By using the Tutor Matching Service website, you will:
- Connect with tutors who are SPU students as well as students from other universities.
- Find tutors who have been recommended by SPU faculty based on their class performance. (Look for the “Faculty Recommended” badge and the next to the course on the Tutor Profile.)
Note: These students are not employed or trained by SPU.
Tutor Matching Services (TMS) is a third-party service not affiliated with Seattle Pacific University. All questions/concerns on the part of students or tutors should be directed to TMS customer service Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm eastern standard time, excluding holidays. Customer service will be provided through email at help@TutorMatchingService.com and/or by toll-free number (877-919-TUTOR).