Education: BS, Seattle Pacific University, 1980; DVM, Washington State University, 1984. At SPU 2000 - 2023. Emeritus since 2023.
Cindy Bishop experienced SPU as an undergraduate student in the late 1970s. She says she received an excellent education and found the professors and staff to be very encouraging. Dr. Bishop felt she was part of a family of pre-professional students who cared about one another and encouraged one another to do their best. “I will always be grateful for my start at SPU,” she says.
Dr. Bishop next attended Washington State University, earning a doctor of veterinary medicine degree, followed by a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Idaho. She taught at Montana State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine for four years, loving the opportunity to share knowledge with students.
After several years in emergency medicine, Dr. Bishop returned to SPU, eager to give back to the institution that had made such an impact on her life.
- Hawkins MG, Bishop CR. “Disease Problems of Guinea Pigs.” FERRETS, RABBITS, and RODENTS: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, ed. K. Quesenberry and J. Carpenter (3rd ed.). Elsevier-Saunders, 2012, 295–310.
- Bishop C.R., Burgess M.E. "Reproductive Physiology, Normal Neonatology, and Neonatal Disorders of Rabbits.” Management of Pregnant and Neonatal Dogs, Cats, and Exotic Pets, ed. C. Lopate. Wiley-Blackwell, 2012. 217–38.
- Bishop C.R., Burgess M.E. “Reproductive Physiology, Normal Neonatology, and Neonatal Disorders of Cavies (Guinea Pigs).” Management of Pregnant and Neonatal Dogs, Cats, and Exotic Pets, ed. C. Lopate. Wiley-Blackwell, 2012. 239–58.
- Bishop C.R., Brossoit A., Fischer J.. “Standardization of Renal Physiology Parameters in Guinea Pigs via Urinalysis.” Proceedings Assoc Ex Mamm Vet. August 2010.
- Bishop C.R., Rorabaugh, E. “Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Selamectin in Budgerigars with Knemidokoptes Infection.” Proceedings Assoc Avian Vet. July 2010.