PRME Champion School
Seattle Pacific University's School of Business, Government, and Economics is one of only five universities in the United States selected as a PRME Champion School. Our PRME Champion status represents our strong commitment to issues of sustainability and our vision of business, government, and civil society working together to advance peace and prosperity for people and the planet – now and into the future.
As an SBGE student in SPU's UN PRME Champion school, you are part of our emphasis on SDG 11 Sustainable Cities & Communities. We realize the importance of cities: they occupy less than one percent of the Earth's land surface and contain more than half the earth's population!! SPU contributed to Seattle's selection as the sole city in the U.S. chosen as a UN-designated role model city for Generation Restoration (along with 18 other cities globally), which aims to address the impacts of Climate Change in urban areas. SPU contributed to Seattle's award by participating in the Green Seattle Partnership, Trees for Neighborhoods, and by cultivating our Urban Wildlife Habitat and extensive trees and greenspace. SBGE for Sustainable Cities & Communities!!
PRME & SBGE
Our status as a PRME Champion enables us to:
- Receive preferential access for students to UN Global Compact opportunities, including internships and volunteer opportunities with the PRME Secretariat and the UN Global Compact, as well as PRME related student competitions.
- Be recognized as a thought and action leader in the responsible management community: Help to develop and implement "game changing" projects and serve as a sounding board for PRME, Global Compact, and the UN on timely issues, such as the SDGs.
- Collaborate with leading UN Global Compact companies on projects that are of value to the PRME community by contributing to the flagship project on the SDGs, and by initiating, engaging with, or leading a PRME Champions sub-project.
- Be recognized as an ambassador for the PRME community: Engage and support local businesses and peer institutions, including by playing a visible role in PRME Chapters, at PRME Regional Meetings, and/or with Global Compact Local Networks.
- Serve as a role model for the PRME community.
- Receive exclusive access to UN Global Compact meetings: Hear directly from and interact with companies and their representatives on priority sustainability-related issues.
What is PRME?
The Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) is a United Nations-supported initiative founded in 2007. As a platform to raise the profile of sustainability in schools around the world, PRME equips today's business students with the understanding and ability to deliver change tomorrow.The mission of the PRME Champions group is to contribute to thought and action leadership on responsible management education in the context of the United Nations sustainable development agenda.
PRME Champion School
SBGE was the first Northwest business school to participate with PRME in 2007, a program of the United Nations. This year, our school is one of a select group of PRME Champions. Learn more about this distinctive program that intersects with our own mission.
Deeply grounded in Christian faith and values, we develop leaders who advance human flourishing through service in business, government, and civil society.