How It Works
The Social Venture Plan Competition (SVPC) encourages teams of students from diverse disciplines to develop an entrepreneurial project that addresses dual bottom lines: social and financial. Participants tackle a felt social need while proposing a way to provide sustainable funding through a business activity.
Business people, entrepreneurs, and other community partners evaluate and score the plans, after which competitors present their projects to faculty, staff, students, and judges at a live trade-show display event on the SPU campus. The teams with the highest cumulative scores from the two phases of the competition win cash prizes.
Would you like support from graphic design, illustration and other art students in developing a visual brand identity for your social venture project? Apply for Branded, a 12-hour day of intense interaction during which young designers, illustrators and other artists pair up with aspiring social entrepreneurs to create logos, web templates, venture names and other design elements for social venture plans.
Here is the 2019–20 schedule. Dates are subject to change.
- November 14, 2019: Kickoff session, McKenna Hall 111, 11:30 a.m.
- January 15 – March 4, 2020: Weekly resource nights to help you develop and write your social venture business plan. These sessions may be attended on an à la carte basis or for credit as BUS 3682.
- February 11, 2020: Intent to Participate forms due.
- March 13, 2020: Final written plans and official Submission Forms due.
- April 15, 2020: Coaching sessions for all competing teams.
- April 22, 2020: Social Venture Plan Competition showcase
For More Information
See the competition’s FAQs, official rules, or the 2020 competition specifics. You can also contact the Center for Applied Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recap of Recent SVPC Showcase Winners
The results are in and the winners are . . .
2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014.