New Student Advising
New Student Advising (NSA) is designed to help you get a head start on a successful academic experience at SPU. Your first step is to sign up for one of the NSA events, which are held on campus. (For those who are unable to travel to SPU's campus, we offer individual appointments, which can be held remotely.) After signing up for an NSA event or appointment, you'll receive a confirmation email that confirms your signup and outlines the items you need to complete prior to your NSA experience.
What Is New Student Advising?
New Student Advising is the mandatory program by which new students are advised and registered for their first quarter’s classes at SPU.
Who Should Attend New Student Advising?
All new freshmen and transfer students are required to attend New Student Advising.
When and Where Is New Student Advising?
On-Campus (Seattle) Events, 8 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, May 16, 2015 This event is in the past.
- Friday, June 19, 2015 This event is in the past.
- Friday, June 26, 2015 This event is in the past.
- Friday, August 14, 2015 This event is in the past.
- Friday, September 4, 2015 This event is closed. Call us at 206-281-2575 if you need to attend this event.
We will also host off-campus advising and registration appointments in the following cities on the corresponding dates:
- San Jose, California - Tuesday, July 14 and Wednesday, July 15, 2015 These appointments are in the past.
- Pasadena, California - Thursday, July 16 and Friday, July 17, 2015 These appointments are in the past.
If attendance at one of the events/appointments presents an unusual hardship, alternate accommodations can be made. Simply sign up and check the box that says, "I cannot attend any of these events."