We are excited to have you join us for your Transfer Orientation. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about SPU and explore what it means to be a Falcon. Welcome — SPU is better because you are here!
Transfer Express Schedule
Is Orientation mandatory?
- Orientation is mandatory for all SPU students. You will have the opportunity to meet your peers, meet SPU faculty, and learn about important campus resources to help make you successful at SPU. You don’t want to miss this!
- This Autumn Quarter, we are adjusting students’ options to fulfill their attendance requirements. These options include:
- Students living on campus (including transfers) are expected to participate in all online and in-person sessions with their Orientation groups.
- Students living on campus who cannot attend in-person sessions due to health or other concerns will be asked to participate in all sessions online with their Orientation group. Students may be asked about their circumstances in order to provide appropriate support during Orientation. Please email us if you're unable to participate via in-person sessions so we can create other support and opportunities for you.
- Off-campus/commuting students are expected to participate in Orientation online. If students want to participate in person with their Orientation group, they will be asked to register accordingly. Note that students will be asked to choose one modality for participation for the entirety of Orientation. This allows us to provide for student safety and wellness. Be sure to review the new Orientation schedule to be aware of gaps or breaks during the day where limited campus spaces may be open.
- Transfer students who are not living on campus can participate in Transfer Express. Transfer Express students will be asked to participate in Orientation online throughout the week, or via pre-recorded sessions, and asked to join us for a two-hour Zoom session on Sunday, September 13 to hear from a transfer panel of SPU staff and faculty, and to have last-minute questions answered before starting classes on Monday.
- In your SPU Portal Orientation registration, please indicate which of the above you will opt into.
What if I cannot attend?
- If you are not able to attend Orientation because of an extenuating circumstance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One of our Orientation staff will respond to you as soon as they are able.
What will it cost?
- All students (first year and transfer) will be charged a mandatory $125 Orientation fee that will be charged directly to their student account, regardless of what program they attend.
- This fee covers Orientation meals, supplies, t-shirt, activities, and all other costs associated with Orientation.
- There is no additional fee for parents or guests. A portion of the fee covers the costs of the Parent and Guest Orientation program.