We celebrate the successful completion of the $6.2 million campaign to restore historic Alexander Hall and give it a seismic retrofit. More than 550 alumni and friends answered the call to preserve our first building. Thanks to the outpouring of affection and funds, Alexander Hall will stand strong far into the future. Look at all that was accomplished through your support:
Those who invested in the Alexander Hall Campaign helped to
- Ensure the continuity of SPU’s vision into the future.
- Preserve a part of SPU, Seattle, and Washington state history.
- Support the type of cutting-edge scholarship and student mentorship at SPU that changes the world for the better.
- Demonstrate for students that history is important and worth remembering — because it shaped who we are today and provides lessons for the future.
- Launch SPU into its next 125 years
A building can’t change the world. But the people who live, study, learn, pray, advise, and mentor within its walls can. Since Alexander Hall was built, Seattle Pacific University has sent 40,000 alumni from this place to use their scholarship in service to others. Your gifts honor them and help prepare the next generation to do the same.
Thank you for being a part of this worthy endeavor.
Daniel J. Martin
President, Seattle Pacific University