Forwarding Mail

SPU students work in the mail room

Do you plan to leave campus for an extended period?

Whether due to summer break, your graduation from Seattle Pacific University, or some other reason, if you won’t be on campus for a prolonged time, you may need letters or packages sent to you at an off-campus, non-SPU address.

Mailing Services will forward your mail under these guidelines:

  • You provide the Mail Center with forwarding address information. Go into Banner >> choose Personal Menu >> Personal Information Menu >> Update Address.
  • We will forward first-class mail only, if you leave the University during the school year.
  • Bulk mail and magazines cannot be forwarded and are recycled.

Mail is not forwarded during school breaks, with the exception of summer. Mailstops are closed when school ends in June — except for students who remain in mailstop-eligible campus housing during the summer break.

Mail is not forwarded during Christmas break. But we continue to sort into mailboxes for you to receive upon your return.

  • If you are expecting important mail during Christmas break, notify the sender of your temporary absence from campus and ask the sender to mail correspondence to your designated address.
A plethora of stamps

Mailing services questions?

Where can I buy stamps on campus? When is mail delivered? Can I borrow a hand truck? Get answers to your questions in the Mailing Services FAQ.