Mailing a letter?
A mail collection box is on the Bertona Street side of the SUB, and an outgoing-mail slot is also in Mailing Services. The U.S. Postal Service picks up campus mail at approximately 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Mailing Services offers these options for the campus community:
Properly addressing letters/packages
To ensure prompt delivery of mail that you plan to send, follow these guidelines:
- Return address. Print or type your address in the upper-left corner on the front of the envelope.
- Postage. Place the correct postage on the upper-right corner of your mail. Use the online calculator to calculate your postage rates, or take your item directly to Mailing Services at 323 West Nickerson.
- Delivery address. Clearly print the delivery address parallel to the longest side of the package. Do not use commas or periods.
- City, state, and ZIP code. Use the correct spelling of the town/city, and the correct ZIP code, which you can find at the USPS’s Look Up a ZIP Code site.
Insufficiently Addressed Mail
Any mail insufficiently addressed travels through a lookup process in Mailing Services. This mail is not processed until all properly addressed mail has been handled.
- First-class mail that can not be identified will be returned to the sender as insufficiently addressed. Bulk mail will be recycled.
- Insufficiently addressed mail from any campus department will be returned to that department for correction.