Orientation is mandatory for all new students, and you should register ahead of time to ensure we have swag and dinner reserved for you and your guests. Students are encouraged to bring parents, family, and other supporters to our in-person Orientation program.
For Winter Quarter 2023 admits, Orientation will host an in-person program on Tuesday, March 28, 5–6:30 p.m. The program will include student services presentations, dinner, and giveaways. If you’re planning to live on campus, we invite you to begin the move-in process at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, March 28. Check back here and in your email for a more detailed schedule for Tuesday, March 28.
NSO Canvas Course
In addition to our in-person Orientation experience, there is also a New-Student Orientation (NSO) course that all incoming students are asked to complete. This NSO Canvas course is the first step to a successful transition to SPU! Canvas is our learning management system, where the classes you’re taking Winter Quarter will be housed, along with the NSO course.
Through this mandatory course, you’ll learn about vital support systems, resources, and departments at SPU, all while going through the course modules at your own pace. We’ll launch the course on Wednesday, March 1, and all incoming students should complete the course by Friday, April 7.
Before You Arrive
- Register for Orientation.
- Start the New Student Orientation Canvas course.
- Complete New Student Advising. Make sure you're registered for Spring Quarter classes!
- Complete your online medical history form and vaccination requirement documentation. More details from SPU Health Services can be found here.
- Submit a Falcon Card photo.
- Falcon Cards are our SPU Identification Cards that give you access to buildings, copy services, meal plants, Falcon Funds, student discounts, and more!
- Before you arrive to campus, you must submit a photo for your ID card. Find more information here about how to take and upload a photo.
- Schedule a time to pick up your Falcon Card
- Reach out to email@example.com with any questions you have.
- Buy your books. Order your textbook through the SPU Bookstore using your class course numbers (or “CRNs”). Your professors have already uploaded the books you need — all you have to do is purchase them online, and pick them up at the SPU Bookstore whenever you arrive on campus.
- Check your email for the most up-to-date information as Spring Quarter gets closer.
Call the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership at 206-281-2689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.