Applying as a Post-Baccalaureate Student

If you have been awarded a baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited or ABHE-accredited institution and wish to complete a second undergraduate degree at Seattle Pacific University, you may apply through the transfer admissions process in Undergraduate Admissions

Required materials for admission consideration include the following:

  • Complete and submit the Common Application Transfer Application, SPU's Transfer Application, or the Nursing CAS Application.
  • A $50 non-refundable application fee.
  • An official transcript from each institution where you completed courses that contributed to your bachelor’s degree.
  • An official copy of the final transcript from the institution that granted your baccalaureate degree (showing the granted degree).
  • Any additional transcripts showing post-baccalaureate work.

While SPU may recognize a bachelor’s degree from a school that holds accreditation from the ABHE (Association for Biblical Higher Education), the state of Washington does not recognize these institutions when issuing teaching certificates.

Therefore, post-baccalaureate students admitted to SPU from ABHE-accredited institutions that are not regionally accredited must complete an additional bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree along with the Teacher Certification program if they wish to obtain teacher certification in the state of Washington.

Review standards governing completion of a second bachelor’s degree.