Transfer Credits

Our goal is to award maximum credit for scores on approved exams and for coursework from regionally-accredited institutions, while simultaneously ensuring that we maintain the high standards of a Seattle Pacific degree. 

As part of the application process, transfer students must submit an official transcript from each institution of higher education at which credit was earned. First-year students who completed college credits while in high school, through dual-credit programs such as Running Start and College in the High School or through direct enrollment at a college or university, also must submit official transcripts from each institution at which credit was earned. These college-level transcripts are not required from first-year students until after they have been admitted to SPU.

Official transcripts will be used to award credit for past college-level coursework and to determine placement in some advanced courses.

Credit for approved standardized exams will be awarded based on official score reports sent directly from the testing program, using SPU’s credit-granting criteria.

Detailed information about how your exams, college-level classes, and two-year degrees may transfer is found at the links below:

Credit for military service is limited to 3 credits of physical activity awarded for basic training.

Credit will not be transferred for experiential learning or work experience.

If you have questions about how your courses or exams have transferred, contact your undergraduate academic counselor.

Undergraduate admissions, students talking on campus

Undergraduate Admissions

Do you have questions about admission to SPU? Do you want to visit campus? Contact Undergraduate Admissions at 800-366-3344 or